Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Is it Love?



For some reason I started going through the "Trash" in my computer and I found some pictures of me and my ex-boyfriend... And I started remembering... Almost two years ago I was going through a break up. He was the first guy I ever fell in love with; at that time I really thought it was going to last forever. We were just so "perfect" for each other. Everyone who saw us thought we were the cutest couple, my parents loved him, his parents loved me, we both had the same ethnicity, we were both involved at church, etc... it was just picture perfect. But really it was a messy relationship, we were both so young and immature. I was selfish, spoiled and not ready to start anything serious...

As I was walking home tonight I remembered that almost two years ago our relationship was falling to the ground and I thought my life was ending, I could not imagine my life with anyone else, "there surely could not be a more amazing guy than him". I loved him. But now as I stand here in my situation now... I have to remind myself that time heals. Now he is ever barely in my mind and we both have moved on with our lives. I am in Australia while he is still finishing high school and our lives could not be more different. I think that if I was still with him I probably wouldn't be here in Sydney right now; and not that is bad thing, but those weren't the plans God had for my life. I was supposed to be here, now, for this time.

I do not regret any decisions that I have made in the past, I can't, they've made me who I am today. But something I do have to wonder is if after all the hurt of past relationships, can I hope for something or someone who will truly love me " 'till death do us part"? After messy and hurtful relationships can I truly believe in true love? Can I love someone that much...?



As I look at these beautiful pictures I can't help but wonder... "Are they even still together?"...

No comments: