Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Colour Conference 1


How do I even begin to describe my first experience as a volunteer at Colour Conference 2010... Absolutely amazing and out of this world! I don't think I'm gonna be able to put it in all in words... but here's a little summary.

I served by doing catering, helping with college stand, hosts, and new Christians, and I really had he best time in the world. God has really been changing my heart, my attitude, and my motivation to serve. It all started on thursday morning in a bus to the city expectant and excited about all the things that God was about to do in the lives of the women that attended, but I really wasn't expecting for Him to capture my heart.

As I set up to help, I thought to myself, "I'm gonna have the best attitude to everything I do here." And I really did. As I did God worked in my life to see people, to talk to them, to share with them, to really focus on people. So as I saw thousands of women feel valued, cared for, and loved, I couldn't help but to feel the joy of Christ FILL my heart. And so at the last moment of worship I couldn't help but SMILE, I usually try to hide my smile, but this time i just couldn't. I had a huge smile on my face... I, for the first time, experienced the joy of the Lord. It was absolutely amazing!

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

No comments: